What DATIA Does For You:
Represents Your Interests on Capitol Hill & with Key Agency Officials
- Washington, DC Representation - DATIA maintains a pro-active government relations program and protects the industry’s interests on Capitol Hill.
- Federal Legislation - DATIA promotes and supports legislation benefiting the drug and alcohol testing industry such as the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1998.
- Government Working Groups - DATIA participates in government working groups to make positive changes to proposed regulations and industry guidelines.
- Federal Agency Regulations - DATIA monitors proposed agency regulations for their impact on drug and alcohol testing professionals. Furthermore, DATIA comments on and works with key officials within federal agencies such as the Department of Transportation and the Department of Health and Human Services to ensure that final regulations promote increased growth of the industry.
- DATIA CapWiz and StateTrack - DATIA's federal and state legislation monitoring areas allow members to stay on top of legislation affecting their business, while also providing turn-key ways to directly and easily comment on proposed items.
Educates and Informs You on New Developments Within the Industry
- DATIA focus, eNews and Website - DATIA’s newest 50+ page industry magazine, the electronic weekly DATIA eNews, and web site feature frequently updated legislative and regulatory information, association news, industry business trends, and legal aspects of drug and alcohol testing. DATIA established eNews, a weekly electronic newsletter, to offer members the most current information on issues, activities, and events in the industry, and also provide members with a question and answer segment to provide education on and resources for solving problems dealing with more cumbersome aspects of drug and alcohol testing.
- Annual Conference - DATIA’s Annual Conference and Exposition unites industry leaders and government officials offering education, cutting edge information, and critical networking opportunities.
- Red Book - DATIA’s Red Book provides comprehensive updated regulatory information critical to the industry.
- DATIA on Facebook - DATIA’s Facebook page provides daily news on business trends, activities, court cases and rulings, state legislation, and other news important to the drug and alcohol testing industry.
- Collector Certification Program - DATIA’s Certified Professional Collector™program ensures that collection personnel are proficient in providing collection services according to proper regulations and guidelines.
- Accredited Collection Facility Program - DATIA’s ACFP ensures that accredited facilities uphold the highest professional standards in 1) the collection facility and its operation and 2) the collection facility’s personnel.
- Nationally Accredited for Administration of Drug and Alcohol Testing Programs - DATIA’s NAADATP program and training courses educates drug and alcohol testing program management companies with comprehensive education on the correct policies, procedures, and standards needed for effective program management.
- DATIA Courses - Offering the best in education for the drug & alcohol testing industry. DATIA members receive significant discounts on all of our educational courses.
- Industry Directory and Buyers’ Guide - DATIA’s Internet Searchable Industry Directory and Buyer’s Guide provides consumers of drug and alcohol testing services and products a comprehensive reference for locating quality providers. Users can search by services and products provided, city, state, zip, company name, proximity to a location, and accreditation status.